Academic Position Openings
If you would like to add your job openings to the following list, please contact the APS webmaster. You may also post announcements to the APS distribution list through INFORMS Connect (you must be a member of the APS).
Last updated: October 27th, 2016.
- Actuarial Science Positions at Georgia State University
- The Department of Risk Management and Insurance at the Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University invites applications for faculty positions in Actuarial Science starting in Fall 2017. See https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/8664 or the attached job advertisement for more information.
- Business Data Analytics Faculty Position at HEC Montréal
- The Department of Decision Sciences at HEC Montréal is seeking highly qualified applicants for a full-time, tenure-track position in business data analytics beginning June 1, 2017. Rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. While a PhD in computer science, operations research, statistics, or in a related field is required, preference will be given to applicants with experience in business analytics, big data analytics, data-driven decision-making, data mining, high-dimensional statistics, and/or machine learning. Interested candidates should seek more information and submit their application through the following website : https://emplois.hec.ca/job.php?id=151. While applications will be accepted until the position is filled, material should be received by December 1, 2016, in order to receive full consideration.
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Analytics at University of Sydney Business School
- Basic info. More details, please see the attached
- Seeking two academics to join an internationally accredited and respected business school
- Work in a collaborative and supportive team environment
- Full-time or part-time appointments considered, continuing roles, remuneration package: $139K to $165K (which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% superannuation). A salary supplement may also be negotiable.
- All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
- CLOSING DATE: 11:30pm 6 November 2016 (Sydney time)
- Basic info. More details, please see the attached file
- Research Associate in Decision-Making under Uncertainty (2 years fixed term, with possible extension)
The Management Science & Operations group at Imperial College Business School is seeking applications for a Research Associate in the area of decision-making under uncertainty, in particular in the fields of robust optimization or stochastic programming. Applicants must hold a PhD in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics or a related field and have strong mathematical skills.
The successful candidate will conduct research with Dr. Wolfram Wiesemann (www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~wwiesema) from the Management Science & Operations group at Imperial College Business School. The position is funded through EPSRC grant EP/M028240/1, which is conducted in collaboration with researchers from the Department of Computing, Imperial College London, and the Department of Chemical Engineering, University College London.
The Management Science & Operations group at Imperial College Business School studies all aspects of theoretical and practical decision-making, with applications to operations management, energy and finance. Faculty members regularly publish in leading academic journals such as Management Science, Operations Research, Mathematical Programming, Mathematics of Operations Research and SIAM Journal on Optimization. The group maintains close relations with the Computational Optimization Group at the Department of Computing, Imperial College London.
Situated at the heart of London, Imperial College London is a research-focused university that has been consistently ranked among the top ten universities in the world and the top five institutions in Europe in the past ten years.
Salary: £33,410 - £42,380 per annum.
Deadline: 8 November 2016
go to https://www.imperial.ac.uk/job-applicants/; click on “Job Search” and enter "ICBS 2016 049” as keyword.
Informal enquiries should be directed to Wolfram Wiesemann: email@example.com.
- Tenure Track Faculty Positions in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research - Swanson School of Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
The Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh invites applications in anticipation of two open tenure-track faculty positions at any rank.
The Department of Industrial Engineering is home to 20 full-time faculty members with an outstanding reputation in a wide variety of research areas. The department maintains vibrant programs at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels; offers excellent laboratory facilities; and benefits from many contacts with regional and national corporations. Additional information about the department can be found atwww.ie.pitt.edu.
We are seeking candidates in all areas of industrial engineering and operations research. Applicants must have a strong methodological background and an interest in advancing cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research. For junior candidates, our primary search criterion is research potential. Senior candidates must have established an outstanding research record commensurate with rank. All candidates should have evidence of, or potential for, teaching excellence. Applicants should email a curriculum vitae, representative publications, and a list of at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure full consideration, candidates should apply before December 1, 2016; however, applications will be reviewed until the positions are filled.
The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Candidates from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Tenure Track Faculty Position in Applied Probability at Eastern Michigan University
The Department of Mathematics at Eastern Michigan University invites
applications for two tenure track positions at the level of assistant
professor beginning in August 2017. A Ph.D. in the mathematical
sciences (or scheduled completion by August, 2017) is required. The
positions are in (1) applied probability and (2) number
theory/cryptology. To apply or for more information go to
Deadline: December 1, 2016
- The Department of Mathematics at Eastern Michigan University invites
- Postdoctoral Associate in Actuarial and Financial Mathematics (Salary Scale: E13 TV-L, 100 %)
The position is initially limited to 3 years.
Appropriate candidates should demonstrate strong research abilities, passion to conduct applied and theoretical research in the respective area, as well as an ability to work within an interdisciplinary team. The postdoctoral associate is responsible for collaborative research projects in the area of actuarial and financial mathematics as well as for interdisciplinary grant applications. The teaching load is 4 hours per week. Candidates should hold a PhD in related areas, such as actuarial and financial mathematics, operations research, and statistics.
As an equal opportunities employer, Leibniz Universität Hannover intends to promote women in the context of statutory requirements. For this reason suitably qualified women are specifically invited to apply.
Job sharing is always possible for full time positions. Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preferential treatment.
Interested candidates should send to Stefan Weber (email@example.com): (i) a CV, (ii) a copy of their PhD thesis, and (iii) a 1-page statement that articulates their interest in the position. The application review will start by November 15, 2016.
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover
Professor Dr. Stefan Weber
Institut für Mathematische Stochastik
- Tenure Track Faculty Position in Operations Management at MIT Sloan
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management in Cambridge, MA invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the area of Operations Management beginning July, 2017 or as soon thereafter as possible. Strong applicants will demonstrate the potential for research and teaching excellence in Operations Management. Duties will include teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses in this field. We are especially interested in candidates who can strengthen and expand the capabilities of the OM group in terms of its research interests, methods and applications in areas of high impact, as well as successfully teach undergraduate, MBA, Masters of Business Analytics, Ph.D. and other affiliated programs.
Applicants should possess or be close to the completion of a Ph.D. in a relevant field by the date of appointment. Applications must include an up-to-date curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, a personal statement describing research and teaching experience (if any), as well as aspirations in research and education. Research papers should be included if available.
Please submit your application by October 31, 2016 at: https://sloanfacultysearches.mit.edu/opm/register.tcl
MIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and strongly encourages applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
- Department of Statistics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- One tenure-track position at all levels
- The Department of Statistics at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem invites applications for an anticipated opening of a tenure-track position at all levels, beginning October 1st, 2017. Both senior and junior outstanding applicants, including those about to receive their Ph.D. degree, are encouraged to apply. The deadline for application is October 30, 2016. More information can be found at http://stat.huji.ac.il/cand.
- URL: http://stat.huji.ac.il/cand
- Deadline: November 30, 2016