Latest Boston/New England Postings
Below is a link to an OR mathematical programming job at Akamai. If interested fill out the online form or contact Larson, Brian [email@example.com]
About the Job
The Network Optimization Architect is part of the Akamai Network Optimization team and works directly with Akamai's Engineering, Network Strategy, and Service Performance groups to optimize the deployment of Akamai's global content delivery platform.
About the Team
The Network Optimization team is responsible for designing and evolving Akamai's content delivery networks in order to more efficiently serve customer traffic. In addition, the Network Optimization team plays a key role in network capacity planning and in optimizing Akamai's bandwidth and server co-location costs. Other responsibilities of the team include supporting the Network Strategy team with negotiating and structuring new contracts, developing reporting and debugging tools for other groups in the Networks and Service Performance organizations.
The Network Optimization Architect will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Akamai's content delivery platforms, deployment models, mapping system, etc.
- Design and develop algorithmic solutions to optimize existing datacenters and deployments in order to minimize Akamai's server co-location costs.
- Create templates for new deployments that take into account current and projected customer traffic, and the observed and expected profiles of that traffic.
- Work closely with Service Performance groups to analyze the capacity, coverage, and performance of the Akamai edge platform in various networks and geographies in order to provide direction to Network Strategy in terms of new deployments as well as upgrades to existing deployments.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics or a related quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with internetworking technology concepts, networking protocols, and large scale distributed systems.
- Some experience with UNIX and one or more web development/scripting languages, methodologies, and/or architectures - HTTP, DNS, Perl.
- Experience with decision and optimization modeling tools (AMPL, CPlex, etc.).
- Must be action-oriented, capable of solving complex technical problems independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Is relocation available for this position: Yes
- Is US Citizenship required: No
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No.
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you're helping some of the world's best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that's extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai - leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
The Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh anticipates openings for tenure-stream faculty positions at any rank. While our primary needs are in operations research, we will consider outstanding candidates in any area of industrial engineering or related fields.
The Department of Industrial Engineering offers a progressive undergraduate program with about 200 students, a vibrant professional master's program and a rigorous doctoral program with approximately 40 PhD students. About half of our PhD graduates assume positions in academia upon completion. The department offers excellent laboratory facilities and contacts with regional and national corporations. For more information about the department, please visit our website at enginering.pitt.edu/industrial.
Applicants must have a strong methodological background and an interest in advancing cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research. For junior candidates, our primary search criterion is research potential. Senior candidates must have established an outstanding research record commensurate with rank. Candidates should have evidence of, or potential for, teaching excellence. Candidates from under-represented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply, email a curriculum vitae, no more than five representative publications, and a list of three references. To ensure full consideration, candidates should apply before December 1, 2013. We will conduct a limited number of informal interviews at the 2013 INFORMS Annual meeting. To be considered for such an interview, email a curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2013.
(Our apologies for cross-posting.)
Lisa M. Maillart
Department of Industrial Engineering
University of Pittsburgh
FACULTY POSITION IN
OPERATIONS RESEARCH AND STATISTICS
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
MIT Sloan School of Management
100 Main Street
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
The MIT Sloan School of Management invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the area of Operations Research and Statistics beginning July, 2014 or as soon thereafter as possible. Strong applicants will demonstrate the potential for research and for teaching excellence in the area of Operations Research, Statistics, Analytics or Data Sciences; duties will include teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses in the areas listed above. We are especially interested in candidates who can build a strong methodological research base, contribute to application areas of high impact, and be a successful teacher for the undergraduate, MBA, and PhD programs.
Applicants should possess or be close to completion of a PhD in relevant fields by start of employment. Applications must include an up-to-date curriculum vitae; three letters of recommendation; a personal statement describing research and teaching experience, if any, and aspirations in research and education; papers, if available. Please submit your application by December 1, 2013 at http://sloanfacultysearches.mit.edu/or-stat.
MIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.
Faculty Positions in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
Columbia Engineering's Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research at Columbia University in New York City invites applications for three faculty positions. Two of these positions are tenure-track junior faculty positions (either at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor without tenure) and one is open rank.
Applications are sought broadly in all areas of operations research with a special emphasis on Data Analytics, Financial Engineering, and research areas that are synergistic with the Institute for Data Science and Engineering (http://www.columbia.edu/cu/seas/IDSE/). The Institute has centers in smart cities, cyber-security, health analytics, financial analytics, new media, and foundational research.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. or its professional equivalent by the starting date of the appointment. Applicants for this position at the tenured level (Associate or Full Professor) must have a demonstrated record of outstanding research accomplishments, excellent teaching credentials, and established leadership in the field. Applicants for this position at the Assistant Professor and Associate Professor without tenure must have the potential to do pioneering research and teach effectively.
The successful candidate should contribute to the advancement of the department in these areas by developing an externally funded research program, contributing to the undergraduate and graduate educational
mission of the Department, and is expected to establish multidisciplinary research and educational collaborations with academic departments and units across Columbia University. The Department is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
For additional information and to apply, please see:
Applications should be submitted electronically and include the following: curriculum-vitae including a publication list, a description of research accomplishments, a statement of research/teaching interests and plans, contact information for three people who can provide letters of recommendation, and up to three pre/reprints of scholarly work. The position will close no sooner than January 1, 2014, and will remain open until filled.
Applicants can consult http://ieor.columbia.edu/ for more information about the department. Columbia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the quality of faculty life.
Principal Statistical Programmer
- This individual will provide statistical programming leadership and expertise for clinical trials, projects and submissions together with other development projects at Cubist.
- The incumbent will be expected to lead projects and may manage teams in a matrix environment, but would be an individual contributor from a reporting structure in Cubist's Clinical Development and Medical Affairs (CDMA) department and other functional areas upon request. Activities will include, but are not limited to, leading and/or overseeing other study team members on programming specifications, and developing/validating SAS programs and macros in support of clinical studies, ad-hoc statistical analyses, safety surveillance, and departmental data standards initiatives. The Principal Statistical Programmer may also lead other departmental initiatives which involve programming (e.g., data/information integration).
The Principal Statistical Programmer will:
- Lead clinical development projects in statistical programming in the production and validation of output and derived data sets.
- Collaborate with project biostatisticians, clinical data managers, clinical research and other colleagues in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of statistical programming deliverables for each project.
- Account for timelines, resources, and quality assurance for all statistical programming project work.
- Lead the effort to continuously improve Cubist processes to conform to evolving industry standards, and participate in the ongoing review and development of quality systems and processes, including CDISC implementation, ADaM datasets, and other standards initiatives.
- Oversee the work of other programmers and guide them in implementing programming methodologies for highly complex situations.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and project management of CROs which provide statistical programming support.
- Represent the Statistical Programming function of Biostatistics within inter-departmental meetings and committees.
- Review and critique case report forms, CRF annotations, dB structures, edit checks, and SAPs
- The Principal Statistical Programmer may participate in meetings and teleconferences with regulatory agencies, prepare responses to agency questions, and may also provide or coordinate the statistical programming activities to Cubist publications, safety surveillance, PK/PD, and pharmaco-economic initiatives.
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- M.S. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field. B.S. with leading multiple filings for Statistical Programming can also be considered.
- At least 10 years of experience leading statistical programming initiatives, projects, and teams within the drug development industry (pharmaceutical, biotech, or CRO)
- At least 12 years of SAS programming experience.
- Experience in developing industry standards for database design as defined by Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC).
- Excellent working knowledge of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS Macro language and SAS SQL
- Experience in leading the programming effort in NDAs/BLAs with eCTD formatted NDA/BLA submissions.
- Experience communicating with the U.S. FDA and/or European Regulatory Authorities.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organization skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines and standards (e.g., FDA, ICH and EMEA).
- Experience in leading the development and implementation of statistical programming standards
- Experience in mentoring less experienced staff and managing statistical programming contract staff
- Demonstrated dedication, professionalism, and flexibility in responding to changing priorities, time pressures, and novel challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and articulate a plan to ensure focus and direction for a team.
- Experience in managing Statistical Programming services provided by CROs (i.e., preferably in a partnership)
- Experience in managing staff and/or contractors.
- Targets one's efforts on discovering and meeting an internal or external customer's needs
- Leverages a deep understanding of oneself in order to increase one's effectiveness
- Works cooperatively with colleagues for the good of the business overall
- Demonstrates respect for others by seeking to understand how they think about issues and perceive problems and opportunities
- Demonstrates belief in one's convictions
- Recognizes opportunities and/or issues and applies analytical and creative thinking to maximize performance
- Office setting with high-volume, fast paced customer-focused environment.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Deadline and results-oriented.
- Position primarily involves sitting/working at a computer terminal; walking between offices.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily within the context of the representative work environment and physical demands described above. Likewise, qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the position's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/gtys2ns
Links to job sites (maintained by these companies, not INFORMS):