The purpose of CPMS is to support and help advance the practice of operations research and the management sciences.
Just as INFORMS serves all facets of the umbrella profession of operations research and the management sciences (OR/MS), CPMS serves the entire community of full-time and part-time practitioners. Thus, while it concentrates on practical applications, CPMS has wide interests that range over the full scope of OR/MS methods and fields of application.
CPMS is striving to improve its services, in both number and effectiveness. Currently, the activities directly administered by CPMS are:
- Franz Edelman Award competition, conducted during the INFORMS spring analytics conference.
- Daniel H. Wagner Prize competition, conducted during the INFORMS fall annual meeting, with results announced there and also during the spring analytics conference.
- Isolated practitioner workshop, offered during the INFORMS annual meeting.
- Practice session track, offered during the INFORMS annual meeting.
- CPMS newsletter, distributed by email. (To receive a copy of each issue, just sign up using the box titled News, on the right side of this page. To access past issues, see the page titled News and Events, shown on the menu to the left side of this page.)
- CPMS website.
In addition, CPMS has a special interest in, and supports,
- INFORMS spring practice conference.
- Edelman gala award ceremony and banquet at the spring analytics conference.
- INFORMS Prize, whose results are announced during the award ceremony at the spring analytics conference.
- The journal Interfaces.
In pursuing its objective, CPMS seeks to partner with other subdivisions and committees in connection with advancing practice.