ICS Education Committee
The ICS Education Committee arises from a suggestion by Harvey Greenberg that developing a model curriculum for programs at the Operations Research and Computer Science interface would be beneficial for the development of the field. This was discussed at the ICS Business Meeting in January 2007, and as a result the Chair struck a Committee consisting of interested volunteers to work towards the development of a model OR/CS curriculum.
The members of the Committee are:
- Jill Hardin [Chair] (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cesar Rego (email@example.com)
- Kevin Furman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Allen Holder (email@example.com).
- David Rader (David.Rader@rose-hulman.edu)
Advisors to the Committee include:
- Harvey Greenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ariela Sofer [liaison to ACORD] (email@example.com)
The Committee is charged with producing a first draft model OR/CS curriculum by the ICS Business Meeting at the INFORMS Fall conference in Seattle. This will serve as a vehicle for discussion within ICS.
Input from the membership is encouraged at any time!