Founded in 2001, the mission of the Junior Faculty Interest Group (JFIG) is to create a forum to increase junior faculty interaction with each other, with senior faculty, and with industry, and to provide opportunities for networking and collaborative research.
About the community
The Junior Faculty Interest Group presents the JFIG Paper Competition annually. We also host a luncheon at the Annual INFORMS Conference, as well as several panel and research sessions.
How to join JFIG
Joining JFIG (or any subdivision) is actually quite easy, and can be done through your profile on the INFORMS website:
- Go to the INFORMS website (http://www.informs.org/) and click on the Member Login link at the top right.
- Log in. If you don't have login information, click on the link "Please send me my login information."
- Once you are logged in, you will be redirected to the home page. Click on the "Self-Service Center" link at the top.
- Select "Renew or Add Items for 2015".
- Scroll down this page to add/edit your community memberships.
If you have any questions, please ask the JFIG president.