The Quality, Statistics, and Reliability (QSR) section is an interdisciplinary section of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), comprised of members from industrial engineering, statistics and business communities from many different countries.
The purpose of the QSR Section is to encourage discussion and interaction among individuals having an interest in Quality, Statistics and Reliability research.The bylaws of QSR can be found here
- INFORMS QSR youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRscxnV_WgAGU6SOoTo0UJQ
- Abdallah Chehade (advisor: Prof. Kaibo Liu) from the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, won the “2015 Best Student Poster Award” of QSR for his poster entitled “Optimize the Signal Quality of the Composite Health Index via Data Fusion for Degradation Modeling and Prognostic Analysis”.
- Hao Yan, Kamran Paynabar, and Jianjun Shi from the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology, won the “2015 Best Refereed Paper Award” for their paper entitled “Real-time Monitoring and Diagnosis of High-Dimensional Data Streams via Spatio-Temporal Smooth Sparse Decomposition”
- Yanjun Qian (advisor: Prof. Yu Ding) from the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Texas A&M University, won the the 2015 Best Student Paper Award for his paper "Multi-stage Nanocrystal Growth Identifying and Modeling via In-situ TEM Video"
- QSR Best Student Paper Award: The QSR section of INFORMS announces the Best Student Paper Award to recognize excellence among its student members. Details of how to participate in this competition can be found in
- ICQI ANNOUNCEMENT: Institute for Continual Quality Improvement (ICQI), a joint conference with the ASQ World Conference on Quality and Improvement, will be held in May 2013 at Indianapolis, IN.
- CALL FOR PAPERS: The Second International Symposium on System Informatics and Engineering, July 8-9, 2013, Xi'an China.
- Judy Jin has been elected a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- CALL FOR PAPERS: The First International Symposium on System Informatics and Engineering, July 11-13, 2011, Qingdao, China.
- CALL FOR PAPERS: The annual International Conference on Manipulation, Manufacturing and Measurement on the Nanoscale (3M-NANO), Aug 29 - Sept 2, 2011, Changchun, China.
- CALL FOR PAPERS AND SESSIONS: The seventh annual IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (IEEE CASE 2011), August 24-27, 2011, Trieste, Italy.
- CALL FOR PAPERS: 8th International Conference on Reliability, Maintainability and Safety, July 21-25, 2009, Chengdu, China
- CALL FOR PAPERS: Quality Technology & Quantitative Management.
- Jing Li and Judy Jin received the Best Paper Award for the paper, "Optimal sensor allocation for system abnormality detection by integrating causal models and set-covering algorithms," from the Quality Control and Reliability track at the Industrial Engineering Research Conference (IERC) 2008.
- Chiwoo Park won First Prize for Best Student Paper at the IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE) 2008. Chiwoo's advisor is Yu Ding.
- PhD candidate Li Zeng received the Richard S. and Harriet K. Fein Scholarship from the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Wisconsin - Madison. Li's advisor is Shiyu Zhou.
- TN Goh, Professor at the National Singapore University, a QSR Advisory Board member, has won the inaugural Walter E Masing Prize of the International Academy for Quality (IAQ) for his latest book: Six Sigma: Advanced Tools for Black Belts and Master Black Belts (by Tang, Goh, Yam and Yeap; Wiley 2006) .
- Darek Ceglarek has been elected to the grade of a Fellow of the International Academy for Production Engineering (CIRP; College International pour l'Etude Scientifique des Techniques de Production Mecanique ) head quartered in Paris, France.
- Ravipim Chaveesuk and Alice E. Smith received the E. L. Grant Award for the Best Paper published in The Engineering Economist, 2006. Their paper is "Dual kriging: An exploratory use in economic metamodeling", The Engineering Economist, vol. 50, no.3. 2005, 247-271.
- Wei Jiang received the 2006 NSF CAREER Award for "CAREER: Data Quality Management through Statistical Quality Control and Data Mining".
- Jionghua(Judy) Jin and Yu Ding received the Best Paper Award from IIE Transactions, 2006 for the paper "Online Automatic Process Control Using Observable Noise Factors for Discrete-part Manufacturing," IIE Transactions on Quality and Reliability, Vol. 36, No. 9, pp. 899-911.
- Jing Li, Jionghua (Judy) Jin, and Jianjun (Jan) Shi received the Best Paper Award from 2006 Industrial Engineering Research Conference for Causation-Based T2 Decomposition for Multivariate Process Monitoring and Diagnosis.
- Lawrence Seiford was named fellow of three societies: Fellow, American Society for Quality (ASQ) Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) Fellow, The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS).
- Fugee Tsung is elected as an elected member of the International Statistical Institute (ISI).
- Shiyu Zhou received the 2006 NSF CAREER Award for "CAREER: Multilevel Self-Improving Variation Modeling and Diagnosis for Complex Manufacturing Processes".
- Yong Chen and Jionghua (Judy) Jin received the Best Paper Award for the IIE Transactions focus issues on Quality and Reliability in 2003-2004.
- Marion R. Reynolds, Jr. and Zachary G. Stoumbos received The 2004 Brumbaugh Award for the largest single contribution to the development of industrial application of quality improvement, ASQ.
- Zachary G. Stoumbos was elected a lifetime fellow member of the International Statistical Institute (ISI). Zachary G. Stoumbos received The 2005 Most Innovative Research Award, Rutgers Business School, Rutgers University.
- William H. Woodall, Rachelle Koudelik, Kwok-Leung Tsui, Seoung Bum Kim, Zachary G. Stoumbos, and Chris P. Carvounis received The 2003 Jack Youden Prize for the best expository paper in Technometrics, ASA and ASQ.
- C. F. Jeff Wu, Coca Cola Chair Professor at Georgia Tech, the Chair of QSR Advisory Board, was elected to the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) in 2004.
- Professor Judy Jin, our Council Member, received a Presidential Early Career Award for Science and Engineering (PECASE) at a White House ceremony. The PECASE award recognizes Judy as one of the top 20 NSF Career Award winners for the year.
- Dr. Fugee Tsung and Dr. Dan Apley have received the Best Paper Award for the IIE Transactions focus issues on Quality and Reliability for 2002-2003.
- Faculty Positions Available -- School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- A New QSR Career Corner was Added
- QSR section in the IFORS Triennial 2005 Conference in Honolulu, Hawaii on July 11-15 2005
- Call for Presentation: INFORMS 2004 Annual Conference in Denver, CO, Oct. 24-27, 2004
- Quality, Statistics, and Reliability Cluster Call for Sessions and Presentations (Deadline: March 31 2004)
- QSR Special issue call for papers (Deadline: May 1 2004).
- Call for Participation: 2004 QSR Best student paper competition(Deadline: August 10 2004).
- QSR Best Student Paper Contest Rules .