The Quality, Statistics, and Reliability (QSR) section is an interdisciplinary section of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), comprised of members from industrial engineering, statistics and business communities from many different countries.
The purpose of the QSR Section is to encourage discussion and interaction among individuals having an interest in Quality, Statistics and Reliability research.The bylaws of QSR can be found here
- INFORMS QSR youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRscxnV_WgAGU6SOoTo0UJQ
- Call for Papers: 2017 Sino-US Research Conference on Quality, Analytics, and Innovations, June 26-27, 2017, Beijing, China
- 2016 INFORMS Annual Meeting QSR Section Awards:
- Xiao Liu, Kyongmin Yeo, and Jayant Kalagnanam won the “2016 Best Refereed Paper Award” for their paper entitled “Statistical Modeling for Spatio-Temporal Degradation Data”.
- Simon Tsz Fung Mak (advisor: Prof. Roshan Vengazhiyil) at Georgia Institute of Technology won the the 2016 Best Student Paper Award for his paper "Supporting Points".
- Xiaochen Xian (University of Wisconsin-Madison) and Chen Zhang (National University of Singapore) won the “2016 Best Student Poster Award” of QSR for their posters.
- Judy Jin has been elected a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Jing Li and Judy Jin received the Best Paper Award for the paper, "Optimal sensor allocation for system abnormality detection by integrating causal models and set-covering algorithms," from the Quality Control and Reliability track at the Industrial Engineering Research Conference (IERC) 2008.
- Chiwoo Park won First Prize for Best Student Paper at the IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE) 2008. Chiwoo's advisor is Yu Ding.
- PhD candidate Li Zeng received the Richard S. and Harriet K. Fein Scholarship from the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Wisconsin - Madison. Li's advisor is Shiyu Zhou.
- TN Goh, Professor at the National Singapore University, a QSR Advisory Board member, has won the inaugural Walter E Masing Prize of the International Academy for Quality (IAQ) for his latest book: Six Sigma: Advanced Tools for Black Belts and Master Black Belts (by Tang, Goh, Yam and Yeap; Wiley 2006) .
- Darek Ceglarek has been elected to the grade of a Fellow of the International Academy for Production Engineering (CIRP; College International pour l'Etude Scientifique des Techniques de Production Mecanique ) head quartered in Paris, France.
- Ravipim Chaveesuk and Alice E. Smith received the E. L. Grant Award for the Best Paper published in The Engineering Economist, 2006. Their paper is "Dual kriging: An exploratory use in economic metamodeling", The Engineering Economist, vol. 50, no.3. 2005, 247-271.
- Wei Jiang received the 2006 NSF CAREER Award for "CAREER: Data Quality Management through Statistical Quality Control and Data Mining".
- Jionghua(Judy) Jin and Yu Ding received the Best Paper Award from IIE Transactions, 2006 for the paper "Online Automatic Process Control Using Observable Noise Factors for Discrete-part Manufacturing," IIE Transactions on Quality and Reliability, Vol. 36, No. 9, pp. 899-911.
- Jing Li, Jionghua (Judy) Jin, and Jianjun (Jan) Shi received the Best Paper Award from 2006 Industrial Engineering Research Conference for Causation-Based T2 Decomposition for Multivariate Process Monitoring and Diagnosis.
- Lawrence Seiford was named fellow of three societies: Fellow, American Society for Quality (ASQ) Fellow, Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) Fellow, The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS).
- Fugee Tsung is elected as an elected member of the International Statistical Institute (ISI).
- Shiyu Zhou received the 2006 NSF CAREER Award for "CAREER: Multilevel Self-Improving Variation Modeling and Diagnosis for Complex Manufacturing Processes".
- Yong Chen and Jionghua (Judy) Jin received the Best Paper Award for the IIE Transactions focus issues on Quality and Reliability in 2003-2004.
- Marion R. Reynolds, Jr. and Zachary G. Stoumbos received The 2004 Brumbaugh Award for the largest single contribution to the development of industrial application of quality improvement, ASQ.
- Zachary G. Stoumbos was elected a lifetime fellow member of the International Statistical Institute (ISI). Zachary G. Stoumbos received The 2005 Most Innovative Research Award, Rutgers Business School, Rutgers University.
- William H. Woodall, Rachelle Koudelik, Kwok-Leung Tsui, Seoung Bum Kim, Zachary G. Stoumbos, and Chris P. Carvounis received The 2003 Jack Youden Prize for the best expository paper in Technometrics, ASA and ASQ.
- C. F. Jeff Wu, Coca Cola Chair Professor at Georgia Tech, the Chair of QSR Advisory Board, was elected to the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) in 2004.
- Professor Judy Jin, our Council Member, received a Presidential Early Career Award for Science and Engineering (PECASE) at a White House ceremony. The PECASE award recognizes Judy as one of the top 20 NSF Career Award winners for the year.
- Dr. Fugee Tsung and Dr. Dan Apley have received the Best Paper Award for the IIE Transactions focus issues on Quality and Reliability for 2002-2003.
- QSR section in the IFORS Triennial 2005 Conference in Honolulu, Hawaii on July 11-15 2005
- Call for Presentation: INFORMS 2004 Annual Conference in Denver, CO, Oct. 24-27, 2004
- Quality, Statistics, and Reliability Cluster Call for Sessions and Presentations (Deadline: March 31 2004)
- QSR Special issue call for papers (Deadline: May 1 2004).
- Call for Participation: 2004 QSR Best student paper competition(Deadline: August 10 2004).
- QSR Best Student Paper Contest Rules .