In 2014, the SPRIG Section is merging into the Analytics Section. If you are currently a paid SPRIG member, you will receive a membership to the Analytics Section for this year. Visit the website here.
The Spreadsheet Productivity Research Interest Group, version 2.0, has twin foci: we are simultaneously a community all those who wish to use spreadsheets more productively and a community for academic research on spreadsheet structure, use, and improvements. As such, we are oriented more towards practicioner outreach than we have been in the past.
Working SPRIG 2.0 Vision
Sprig is the worldwide community of the largest single base of numeric story tellers, the spreadsheet user.
Its aim is to encourage, position and enable more people to help more decision makers through research, innovation, teaching and useful application of the world's most popular numbers tool: the spreadsheet.
Its goal is to reach and capture the interest of the millions of career and developing spreadsheet users across the globe to learn from each other in advancing the spreadsheet platform for discovery, discussion and decision making.
Issues for Contemplation and Discussion
- Are “Excel” and “spreadsheet” connected together, forever?
- How core is the spreadsheet as a business tool?
- What might replace spreadsheets in the future?
- How must spreadsheets change to become more mainstream in OR?
- Will spreadsheets always be error prone?
- How can spreadsheets make more people more productive?
- Why isn’t there a spreadsheet risk industry in the US as there is in Europe?
- How should we communicate better through spreadsheets?
- What is our role as SRPIG in the imminent analytics storm?