INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Section Award
The INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Section Prize Committee requests nominations for the 2017 Revenue Management and Pricing Section Prize
The INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Section Prize is awarded for the best contribution to the science of pricing and revenue management published in English. The award includes a plaque and a cash prize. The total cash prize is $1000 that is shared equally among the winners. The award is given each year at the INFORMS Annual Meeting if there is a suitable recipient. Papers that are eligible may be resubmitted the next year. Published work must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Section Prize:
- It must be in the form of a paper, a book, or a group of papers or books.
- It must be on the topic of pricing/revenue management.
- It must have been published in one of the preceding five years or, in the case of a group, at least one member of the group must have been published in one of those years. For example, for the prize awarded in year 2017, at least one of the publications must have appeared in one of the years 2012 through 2016.
- It must be written in the English language.
- It must have appeared in the open literature.
Books or papers may be case histories, reports of research representing new results, or primarily synthesis. For any nominated set (group of either articles or books) published over more than one year, it is expected that each element in the set is part of one continuous effort, such as a multi-year project or a continuously written, multi-volume book.
The committee consists of 3 members, including a chair, each serving on the committee for 2 years if possible.
To be eligible for consideration, each book or paper must be nominated to the committee. Anyone may make nominations. The Committee will use the following criteria in making judgments:
- The extent to which the contribution advances the state of the art of pricing and revenue management.
- The originality of the ideas or methods.
- The new areas of application it opens up.
- The degree to which existing theory or method is unified or simplified.
- The clarity and excellence of the exposition.
- The degree to which the contribution provides value for future applications, or enables improved practice.
A nomination consists of:
- A nominating letter specifying the work being nominated and explaining why it is deserving of the INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Section Award. Nominating letters must include the titles of paper(s) or book(s), author(s), and the place and date of publication.
- Supporting letters, if desired. Supporting statements bearing on the worth of the publication in terms of the six criteria above will be very helpful, but are not required.
- Three copies of the work. In case of journal articles, it is sufficient to submit a PDF file containing the paper(s).
The submission deadline is August 11, 2017. Nominations should be sent, or in the case of electronic submission, emailed to the chair of the committee at the address below.
Whom to contact
2017 Section Award Committee Chair:
Associate Professor of Operations Management
Cambridge, MA 02142
Arnoud den Boer, CWI (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) |
Bert Swart, CWI (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Vivek Farias, MIT |
Srikanth Jagabathula, NYU
Davavrat Shah, MIT
Sham M. Kakade, Microsoft |
Ilan Lobel, NYU
Hamid Nazerzadeh, USC
|2012||Omar Besbes, Columbia|
Yossi Aviv, Washington St. Louis|
Amit Pazgal, Rice
|2010||Huseyin Topaloglu, Cornell|
Xin Chen, MIT|
David Simchi-Levi, MIT
Costis Maglaras, Columbia|
Assaf Zeevi, Columbia
William L. Cooper, Minnesota|
Tito Homem-de-Mello, Northwestern
Anton J. Kleywegt, Georgia Tech
|2006||Robert L. Phillips, Nomis Solutions, Inc.|
|2005||Guillermo Gallego, Columbia|
Garrett J. van Ryzin, Columbia |
Kalyan T. Talluri, Pompeu Fabra
Supporting letters, if desired. Supporting statements bearing on the worth of the publication in terms of the six criteria above will be very helpful, but are not required.