PubsOnLine Terms and Conditions
Copyright / Proprietary Rights Notice
Unless otherwise noted, INFORMS holds the copyright on all materials published in our publications, whether in print or electronic form, both as a compilation and as individual articles. All journal content is subject to "fair use" provisions of U.S. or applicable international copyright laws (see http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html).
The following guidelines apply to individual users:
- Individuals may view, download, print, or save INFORMS journal content for the purposes of research, teaching, and/or private study. Systematic downloading (by robots or other automatic processes) is prohibited without explicit approval from INFORMS.
- Customer or member account numbers are provided to individuals for their personal use only. Individuals may not share their username or password without INFORMS permission.
- Individuals may not reproduce, post, redistribute, sell, modify or create a derivative work of any journal content, without prior, express written permission of INFORMS. Permission is granted, however, to provide a limited amount of print or electronic journal content for purposes of regulatory approval, patent and/or trademark applications or other legal or regulatory purposes.
- For permissions to reprint or copy journal content beyond that permitted by Section 107 or 108 of the U.S. Copyright Law, contact the Copyright Clearance Center. The fee code for users of the Transactional Reporting Service appears in each abstract and full text article.
The following guidelines apply to institutional subscribers:
- Online subscriptions provide access for the period January 1 to December 31 and are not tied to the availability of any specific issues of any journal. Annual renewals are required for continued service.
- Online subscriptions include access to current volumes for subscribed journal(s) as well as backfile issues for subscribed journal(s).
- IP addresses used to access the INFORMS journal system must be located in the subscribing library or on the campus where the library exists.
- Remote access by faculty, staff, and students is only permitted for the subscribing institutional campus. The institution is responsible for authentication of users accessing INFORMS PubsOnLine through remote access gateways/proxy servers.
Please also read INFORMS PubsOnLine Guidelines for Institutional Access.
Disclaimer of Warranty
INFORMS PubsOnLine is under development and changes may be made to these publications and programs at any time. There is no guarantee that the information contained in the online version of the journal is identical to the print version of the journal.
In no event shall the INFORMS be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of data, business interruption, or loss of profits, arising out of the use of or the inability to use the journal content.
INFORMS publications are provided"as is": INFORMS DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Descriptions of, or references to products or publications, or inclusion of an advertisement in the journal, neither constitutes nor implies a guarantee, endorsement or support of claims made of that product, publication or service.
Restriction on Use of "Offline Browsers"
Please note: If you are using an offline browser that allows you to download content from a site and read it later, be aware that we impose one restriction on their use.
In order for us to provide reliable, continuous, and timely access to INFORMS PubsOnLine for all readers, we require that you configure your offline browser to request no more than 20 pages per minute (roughly one request every 3-4 seconds).
Be aware that non-compliance with this rule will result in your access to INFORMS PubsOnLine being blocked until you contact us and resolve the problem. If you repeatedly break this rule you will be permanently blocked from the site.
Access to site pages via an Open Proxy Server is prohibited.
This current version of INFORMS Terms and Conditions, as well as our Access Guidelines for Institutional Use, supersedes any prior INFORMS documentation covering the use and reuse of institutional subscriptions for a subscribing entity as of December 31, 2011.
Download the PDF version: 2014 PubsOnLine Terms and Conditions