INFORMS Journal Indexing and Citations
INFORMS journals are strongly cited in numerous industry sources. Following is a short list of some important and widely used sources for identifying the top journals in the field:
- BusinessWeek has added a fourth INFORMS journal to its list of journals used to determine the world's best business schools. This makes INFORMS the scientific association publisher with the largest number of scholarly journals on the prestigious list. The list includes Operations Research, Information Systems Research, Management Science, and Marketing Science. The magazine's website states, "BusinessWeek scours 20 top academic journals for articles published by each school's faculty, reviewing all editions published in the previous five years."
- The Financial Times includes four INFORMS journals in its list of academic journals used to evaluate and rank MBA programs. This list of the top academic journals includes these INFORMS journals: Management Science, Operations Research, Information Systems Research, and Organization Science.
- The ERA 2010 journal list with ranks and Fields of Research (FoRs) has been released and is available on the Australian Research Council (ARC) website. 8 of the 12 INFORMS journals have A rankings.
- The research influence and impact of INFORMS journals is measured by Thomson Reuters and is made available in their Journal Citation Reports. Several of our journals are ranked in the top 10 percent of their subject categories, including operations research and management science, business, transportation science and technology, and information science and library science.
- Operations Research and Manufacturing and Service Operations Management (M&SOM) were selected by the American Economics Association for indexing in EconLit. Peer reviewed journals are selected for inclusion on the basis of economic content which must be substantial.
- Cabell Publishing, Inc. now lists these INFORMS journals – Management Science, Marketing Science, INFORMS Journal on Computing, M&SOM, and Decision Analysis – in Cabell's Directories of Publishing Opportunities. The goal of the directory is to help professors, graduate students and researchers publish their manuscripts in the most appropriate academic journals.
- Additional indexing and abstract services for INFORMS journals:
- American Psychological Association – http://www.apa.org
- Cision – www.cision.com
- Emerald – http://www.emeraldinsight.com/
- In-Store Marketing Institute – http://www.instoremarketer.org/
- SciVerse Scopus – http://www.info.sciverse.com/scopus/
- Thomson Scientific – http://science.thomsonreuters.com/
- WorldCat.org (OCLC) – http://www.worldcat.org/
- Zentralblatt MATH Database – http://www.zentralblatt-math.org/zbmath/