August | Volume 41 | Number 4
The following table of contents lists articles in the August 2014 print edition of OR/MS Today.You may follow any of the linked titles to read those items in their entirety. For quick navigation you may jump directly to any of the following sections:
- OR/MS Today now features Online Employment Classifieds
Special Issue: Innovative Education
By Peter C. Bell
Given student expectations and industry demands, it’s time to re-frame content to make analytics course big-data friendly.
By Elizabeth Bartels
An inside look at the design and analysis of games – serious teaching tools for poorly structured problems.
By Daria Terekhov, Maliheh Aramon Bajestani and Tony T. Tran
The Operations Research Challenge (TORCH) contest lights up prep students’ interest in profession.
By Alexandra Newman
A personal journey from applied math major intent on an industry job to award-winning career in academia.
By Peter Horner
Recruiting exec Linda Burtch says analytics job opportunities have never been better, but don’t stop learning.
- S.F. Conference Preview [OPEN ACCESS]
- Slate of Officers [OPEN ACCESS]
Candidates’ Position Statements [OPEN ACCESS]
Edward H. Kaplan
Stefan E. Karisch
- New INFORMS Members [OPEN ACCESS]
- In Memoriam: Manfred Padberg [OPEN ACCESS]
- In Memoriam: Harold Kuhn [OPEN ACCESS]
- People [OPEN ACCESS]
- MAS Awards [OPEN ACCESS]
- Winter Simulation Conference [OPEN ACCESS]
- Meetings [OPEN ACCESS]