August | Volume 42 | Number 4
The following table of contents lists articles in the August 2015 edition of OR/MS Today. You may follow any of the linked titles to read those items in their entirety. For quick navigation you may jump directly to any of the following sections:
- OR/MS Today now features Online Employment Classifieds
By Peter C. Bell
Why it is essential for every future manager to have an understanding of analytics and data.
By Jason R. W. Merrick
How prize-winning VCU professor found success by focusing on students’ learning rather than his teaching.
By Bernardo Pagnoncelli and Abraham Seidmann
Experiential learning offers students “bridge to reality” with goal to be the best manager among your peers.
By Kenneth Chelst
Are you smart enough to teach O.R. to a third-grader? How business analytics can reframe simple K-8 math problems.
By Harish Krishnan, et al.
Trio of programs recognized for effective, innovative preparation of O.R. grad students aiming at practice sector.
By Suvrajeet Sen, et al.
Report outlines operations research’s potential role as catalyst for addressing engineering technological challenges.
By David E. Hunter
An inside look at the Institute for Defense Analyses and why analytics has always played a vital role.
- Annual Meeting Preview [OPEN ACCESS]
- Candidate’s Position Statement: Brian Denton [OPEN ACCESS]
- Candidate’s Position Statement: Les Servi [OPEN ACCESS]
- In Memoriam: John Nash [OPEN ACCESS]
- In Memoriam: Matthew Rosenshine [OPEN ACCESS]
- Winter Simulation Conference [OPEN ACCESS]
- Revenue Management and Pricing Award [OPEN ACCESS]
- People [OPEN ACCESS]
- Meetings [OPEN ACCESS]