Welcome to the website for INFORMS Student Chapters! Future leaders of INFORMS are now in Student Chapters at over 60 universities internationally.
Goals and Objectives
An INFORMS Student Chapter is a venue for learning, a catalyst for professional advancement, and an opportunity for camaraderie. Within a Chapter, student members from business, engineering, and science programs can join with faculty to organize seminars and discussion groups about new methods and applications of OR/MS. The Chapter also enables students to go beyond the bounds of course work and institution as they engage in research activities that lay the groundwork for their future as OR/MS professionals. Of course, occasional social outings enjoyably round out an INFORMS Student Chapter's calendar.
- This handbook provides guidance on what it takes to be a student chapter officer
- Successful submission of this required form entitles each student chapter to $150 seed money check and a package of free membership materials.
OR/MS Tomorrow: The INFORMS Students Newsletter
This website features articles, job listings, and a conference calendar.
- College on Organization Science Best Dissertation Proposal Competition
- Computing Society Student Paper Award
- Decision Analysis Society Student Paper Award
- Doing Good With Good OR - Student Paper Competition
- ENRE Student Travel Scholarship
- Financial Services Best Student Research Paper Award
- George B. Dantzig Dissertation Award
- George Nicholson Student Paper Competition
- Judith Liebman Award
- Military Applications Society Outstanding Student Award
- Minority Issues Forum Student Poster Competition
- MSOM Society Student Paper Competition
- QSR Best Student Paper
- Management Science in Railroad Applications Paper Contest
- Technology Management Section Best Dissertation Award
- Undergraduate Operations Research Prize