INFORMS is excited to announce the new comprehensive online multimedia library that will make it easier than ever before to identify and utilize a variety of great information about operations research and analytics across a range of current topics and issues.
Editor’s Cut aggregates a wealth of content -- including journal articles; media stories; podcasts and videos; as well as a variety of other information from INFORMS and other sources -- into a sophisticated yet simple-to-use platform. In addition to its compelling content and sleek user experience, what makes Editor’s Cut a unique and powerful resource, are the experts leading and curating the collection.
Led by Anne Robinson, the content for each Editor’s Cut topic will be curated by a subject matter expert.
To ensure Editor’s Cut truly thrives, we are seeking a range of other experts across a number of initial topics, including:
- Climate change/weather
- Big data
- Social media
- Disaster preparedness/epidemics
- Information security/privacy
- Drones (delivery)/autonomous cars
That means, INFORMS wants you!
Are you well read? Do you have an expertise in a key topic? What OR/analytics issues do you see trending? What topics haven’t been covered but should be? Do you have an upcoming meeting for which you’d like an Editor’s Cut collection? If you answered yes, then you’re well on your way to joining the Editor’s Cut team!
You can review the full Editor’s Cut guidelines here, but in the meantime, key qualifications include:
- INFORMS membership
- Familiarity with INFORMS website (for search purposes)
- Enthusiasm for your topic and dissemination of information
- Aptitude to write and film an introduction
- Understanding of the role of scholarly publications in the electronic age
- Commitment to 2-3 months of intermittent work effort
- Ability to efficiently communicate ideas/vision
Be sure to submit your application today and help ensure Editor’s Cut becomes a must-use resource for OR and analytics research.
And, be sure to follow us on Twitter @informscut!