Welcome to the Fall/Winter 2013 Issue
ORMS in Healthcare
In our first thematic issue, we focus on ORMS in healthcare:
- Letter from the Editors
- Interview with Professor Dimitris Bertsimas about the Role of Operations Research in Improving Healthcare – Today and Tomorrow!
- Opinion - Applying OR in Health: A Five-Step Path to Sure-Fire Success by Margaret L. Brandeau, Department of Management Science and Engineering, Stanford University
- Winner of the 2013 INFORMS/Organization Science Dissertation Proposal Competition
- New series! ORMS Across the Globe - This issue will focus on OR in South Africa
- Student Chapter Spotlight - The University of South Florida
- Society Spotlight - Health Applications Society (HAS)
- A Summary of Healthcare Conferences
- Undergraduate Student Competition
In this issue, we feature the “Stochastic Challenge” website and two reprints of articles recently published in INFORMS journals. We spotlight a the University of Massachusetts Amherst INFORMS student chapter, including their “Inaugural Dow Big Data Challenge." We also spotlight the INFORMS Behavioral Operations Section. Last but not least, we include important upcoming conferences and journals with special issues.