Public Programs, Services and Needs Best Paper Competition Application Process
The submission process consists of the following:
- A nomination letter of less than three pages explaining the relevance of the paper to SPPSN’s mission and the paper’s significance to research and/or practice, including an abstract of the paper. (Self-nominations are allowed.) If practical impact is claimed for the research, it is advised to also submit another letter from a relevant practitioner who is preferably not a coauthor, mentioning name, title, organizational affiliation and full contact information and attesting to the practical value of the work. Nomination letters are due by May 31, 2014.
- The committee will invite a selection of nominations to submit a full paper. Notifications are anticipated to be sent by July 1, 2014.
- Full drafts of papers are due by August 1, 2014.
Submission requirements are:
- Full papers (by request of committee) should follow the formatting guidelines of an INFORMS print journal, e.g., formatted to one-inch margins on all sides, a font size of at least 11 point, and at least 1.5 line spacing.
- The paper should be no longer than 32 pages long (including paper text, figures and tables) plus references.
- The paper under consideration for this prize shall not have not been published elsewhere.
Details of this award will be posted on the SPPSN website http://www.informs.org/Community/PPSN.
Any inquiries about this award can be made to
Chair, Best Paper Competition
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Sloan School of Management