The mission of the Section on Data Mining is to promote and disseminate research and applications among professionals interested in theory, methodologies, and applications in data mining and knowledge discovery.
- INFORMS 2016 SAS Data Mining Best Paper Awards: The information on the four winners and their papers (presenting student's name is highlighted in bold) are as follows:
- "Calibrated Multivariate Regression with Application to Neural Semantic Basis Discovery" by Tuo Zhao from John Hopkins University.
- "Robust PCA via L1-Norm Line Fitting" by Paul Brooks from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- "Sequence Graph Transform (SGT): A Feature Extraction Function for Sequence Data Mining" by Chitta Ranjan from Georgia Tech.
- "Residual Useful Lifetime Prediction Using a Degradation Image Stream" by Xiaolei Fang from Georgia Tech
- Newsletter of 2017 is now available in News & Events section.